Applicants are expected to meet the following minimum criteria for acceptance into the Master of Accountancy program:
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA – 3.0 GPA in Accounting Courses
- Completed Application & Application Fee $50
- Professional Resume
- (2) Letters of Recommendation: One from academia and one from employer
- Transcripts (from all attended institutions and must verify completed baccalaureate degree)
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an Accredited College or University (AACSB or ACBSP) (or) Completed Foundation Courses from an Accredited College or University
- International students must complete the TOEFL exam and achieve a score of 79
- GMAT or GRE Test Score – 550 GMAT, 155 GRE or Approved Waiver (details below)
*Graduate students will be selected based on meeting the above criteria. Due to limited capacity in the graduate program, students will be ranked based on GPA, the GMAT or GRE test score, and applicable experience.
The DSU Master of Accountancy graduate committee may waive the GMAT or GRE testing requirement for undergraduate students who have proven their academic capability with high performance in both general and accounting coursework. To be considered for unconditional admission, without taking the GMAT or GRE, the student’s cumulative GPA must be 3.5 or better and the undergraduate work must have been completed at an approved accredited institution. Other potential waiver options are listed below and must be approved by the graduate committee.
- A student may be eligible for the GMAT/GRE waiver with a combination of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and an accounting foundation core GPA of 3.5, or with significant work experience to validate the waiver request. Qualified applicants may be granted sufficient credit with suitable exposure to accounting acumen and proper documentation from the employer. A detailed request must be made to the graduate program coordinator for review and will be evaluated by the graduate committee.
To request this waiver, please include a letter with your application. It should include the following:
- Detailed job description
- Name of company/employer and contact information
- Name of supervisor and contact information
- Years employed in related field (1 year minimum)
Note: All requests will be evaluated by the graduate committee. The submission of a request does not guarantee that the GMAT/GRE will be waived.
Students seeking to be admitted into the Dixie State University Master of Accountancy program must have earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting or have completed the foundational content from an accredited college or university (AACSB or ACBSP). The ‘leveling courses’ which make up the foundation are essential, providing a non-accounting major a comparable background for success at a graduate level. Applicants who have not completed a bachelor’s degree program in accounting are advised to consult with the School of Business Graduate Coordinator, prior to application. Program prerequisites are in place to ensure that students are prepared to succeed in the graduate program.
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I & II
- Advanced Accounting
- Tax I & II
- Management or Accounting Information Systems
- Managerial Finance
- Business Law
- Management & Organizations
- Marketing Principles